April 11, 2006

Greetings

Welcome to my new blog! While I have been tinkering with various websites for years, I have never taken up a blog of my own. Recently my dear friend and pastoral colleague Jonathan Carroll (http://www.ournewmagnificat.blogspot.com) inspired me to give a blog a try. I create this space with both trepidation and gladness, for I enjoy writing very much ... but I am never fully certain about what fruit should be shared with others and what should be left alone! While I have frequent occasions to write words and create sentences in my day to day work as a pastor, I have been challenging myself in recent years to do more writing for writing's sake--letters, poems, comments, and essays. Writing only on demand leaves one anemic in time. But to write simply for the joy and hope of expressing something--that is a gift, and I am grateful for the time and space wherein I can do just that. To that end, I hope this blog can be a place where I can share some of that kind of work with others. These words we are allowed to utilize and share are an astonishing gift. I trust this space, as well as all my spaces for shaping and sharing words, will be a fitting contribution in God's grand sphere of language. Grace and peace to you today.